8 things I’m passionate about:
2. Being a good husband and father
2. Living up to my beliefs
3. Having fun
4. Being prepared
5. Tinkering with technology
6. Learning about how to be a good husband and father
7. Learning about having fun
8. Learning about how to tinker with technology
8 things I want to do before I die:
1. Finish school
2. Decide what “finishing school” actually means
3. Own a house
4. See lots of places with family (because family vacations are more fun)
5. Get season tickets for a baseball team and go to every game
6. Never throw up again
7. Become a contestant on Jeopardy!
8. Visit all 50 states
8 things I say often:
1. “You guys are dangerous”
2. Too early for flapjacks?
3. When will then be now?
4. We got no food, we got no jobs, our pets’ heads are fallin’ off!!
5. Don’t you worry about blank, let me worry about blank.
6. God’s given me a gift. I shovel well. I shovel very well.
7. You have the whitest white part of the eyes I’ve ever seen. Do you floss?
8. Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn’t take Lorraine out that he’d melt my brain.
8 books I’ve recently read:
1. Hop on Pop
2. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish (I hope to have this memorized soon)
3. The Book of Mormon
4. There Was an Old Lady
5. Clifford does something with something else
6. Agile Web Development With Rails
7. Grover’s Own Alphabet
8. The King of Torts
8 songs I could listen to over and over:
1. “It’s the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)” by R.E.M.
2. “Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm” by Crash Test Dummies
3. “Birdhouse in Your Soul” by They Might Be Giants
4. “Arch Drive Goodbye” by Eve 6
5. “Real World” by Matchbox Twenty
6. “Soul Meets Body” by Death Cab for Cutie
7. “Omaha” by Counting Crows
8. “Breathing” by Lifehouse
8 things that attract me to my best friends:
2. Respect for things that I respect
3. Easygoing nature
4. Similar interests
5. Affinity for the movie Groundhog Day
6. Respect for my beliefs
8. They drive me to be a better person
8 things I’ve learned this past year:
1. Being a parent is often more fun than it should be.
2. Children do crazy things.
3. It’s easier to be happy when you have a budget
4. I don’t take enough pictures
5. I enjoy having a backyard
6. Playing in the snow is fun
7. Be sure to make comments like “If the Rockies go to the World Series, can I go?” when they have such a small chance of doing it that your spouse is required to say yes.
8. “By small means the Lord can bring about great things”