There’s a cool series of screencasts to watch to learn about building an event website in Django, a web development framework built in Python. The folks at have a rather new site, and the archives just isn’t there yet. This series of screencasts is a great example that has good information for any Django project, so if you want to learn Django in quick, easy lessons, let this be your guide:
- Episode 1: Setting Up Version Control
- Episode 2: Settings and Models
- Episode 3: Why Customize the Manager?
- Episode 4: This is the Fun Part (urls, views, templates, and more)
- Episode 5: URL Reverse Resolution
- Episode 6: Debugging
- Episode 7: What’s the Downside?
- Episode 8: The Foundation for Social Networking
- Episode 9: Reusing a Function to serve customized data
- Episode 10: Generic Views and Pagination
- Episode 11: Advanced QuerySet Techniques
- Episode 12: Adding AJAX
- Episode 13: Deployment
I’m a huge fan of Django, but I’ve only had time to work on one site. The best reason to learn how to use Django is that creating websites can be fun again!