Being the good sister that she is, Beth tagged me for another meme. Do you really want to know more about me? This is your last warning that you can leave the site at any time. I started this post two months ago, but that doesn’t mean it got any better.
8 TV shows I watch
Ever since we got a DVR, I watch way too much TV. These are off the top of my head, and the ones I watch by choice.
- The Office – More fun than a real job, but I don’t really wish I worked with these people.
- The Big Bang Theory – a show about nerds. I swear I work with these people, but Julia swears that I am one of them. Watch it for yourself and decide.
- Star Trek, especially Enterprise, Voyager, and The Next Generation. Please do not let this influence your opinion of me for #2.
- Eureka – a secret city, a bunch of scientists, things often go wrong. Maybe I should start distancing myself from work with the rest of the “8 Shows I Watch”.
- Transformers – I secretly miss the days when Emmy wouldn’t sleep, because we stayed up watching my DVDs of Transformers while I tried to get her to sleep. I’m sure Kaylee learn all about Optimus Prime in the next few months.
- Jeopardy! – I like to pretend I’m smart sometimes. The best part is when I get an answer right before Julia when she clearly knows it. It doesn’t happen much.
- Chuck – Underachieving geek unwittingly becomes a spy working with the CIA and NSA. I guess we’re back to our theme.
- Sports – I usually stick to baseball and hockey, but I know I can’t get Julia to watch much hockey with me, so I’m saving this up for next March. (Wait ’til Julia hears about the World Baseball Classic – it’s an extra month of baseball, baby!)
8 Favorite Restaurants
- Obviously, it’s Taco Bell
- Taco Bell is good enough for two spots
- That one Mexican Restaurant in the Oakland airport that at first glance is really overpriced but after you get your food you realize it’s really large portions and really good. Since then you try to route your flights through Oakland to eat there again.
- Someplace with really good breakfast burritos (shocking fact: it’s not Chili Works!)
- Fuddruckers – So my mom called me up to tell me Fuddruckers is having a birthday celebration and that their burgers are 1/2 off for one day only. Problem: it’s tomorrow, it’s two hours away, and I can’t go.
- Red Robin – though not so much lately. I’m not sure why, but it’s just been a little off. Maybe it’s the two hour drive.
- I’ll just fill in the last two with Taco Bell
- See numbers 1, 2, and 7.
8 Things that Happened Yesterday
- I passed the Technician Class Amateur Radio License exam.
- I passed the General Class Amateur Radio License exam.
- I didn’t get much sleep.
- I played trains with Emmy!
- I ate way too many of Julia’s Chicken Puffs. Those things are good, but not good for you. I don’t regret it.
- I’m going to leave it here, claiming I forgot how to count. Never mind the numbers off to the side, those are automatically generated.
8 4 Things I’m looking forward to
- Watching Emmy and Kaylee grow up together. You can tell Emmy is going to be a great big sister.
- Spring Break! It has been since about elementary school that I went anywhere for spring break, and even then I’m not actually sure it happened. This year we plan to visit Julia’s relatives in Arizona and catch at least one game at baseball Spring Training
- Graduation. I’m ready to start learning the things I decide are important.
- The weekend!
8 Things on my Wish List
- Rest and Relaxation
- Every 8-bit Nintendo Game Ever. “Pick any game you want. I’m good at all of ’em. I’ve got 97 of ’em.” -The Wizard. Note: this one isn’t really true, because I already have the best ones.
- For the Royals to make it to the playoffs
- A big house. For now it will do to just visit Beth’s new one, because that’s almost as fun.
- That more people will come visit us in New Mexico. (Thanks, Beth!)
- To be an awesome Python and Django programmer.
(Some) Things I Love
- My Family
- My Church
- Learning new things. Lately this has been a few of my computer science classes, and I like learning history when it’s just for fun. Experimenting with computers is lots of fun.
- When Emmy asks to play with me when I get home from work
- A cute pregnant wife Update: I wrote that back in November, when she was a cute pregnant wife. Now she’s an even-cuter mommy.
I Can’t Stand I’m not “really a fan of”
- Grammar Nazis that don’t actually know proper grammar.
- Getting up early.
- Taking classes from professors that don’t like to teach.
- Bad drivers.
- Anytime somebody tries to say that Groundhog Day isn’t the greatest Bill Murray movie of all time.
- The New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox. Did you know that the Red Sox are the only team with a payroll of over $100 million to win the World Series? They’ve done it twice and no other team has ever done it. That alone doesn’t make them worth hating, but there’s more. Their fans tend to have the idea that the entire baseball world should revolve around those two teams. The whole world seems to be affected with that mentality, because that’s what is conveyed by ESPN, and that just creates a cycle that I refuse to take part in. Baseball exists outside of New York and New England. It’s OK if you’re a fan because you have ties to the area, but otherwise it’s inexcusable. (End Rant)
8 People I’m Tagging
- Kevin Bacon. Thanks to “6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon” I’ve lost too much sleep in the past few weeks. You’re on the list, Kevin. You owe me.
- Spaghetti Cat
- Alex Trebek, the many who knows everything, who has never heard of Treebeard.
- Joad Cressbeckler and the horse that stomps once for yes, twice for no.
- Peyton Manning, host of the only funny episode of SNL this decade.
- Shemp, the other stooge.
- Particle Man
- Chris Sabo. Because Rec Specs were awesome in the 80s.